04-12-2012, 05:12 PM   #87
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep
Drives: 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by 35iDriver View Post
Absolutely, the tires make a hige difference.

Many of us Z4 owners have switched off the runflats. I switched to Michelin Pilot Super Sports. HUGE difference in handling!!! It's almost like driving a different car.

I'd be interested to see how they compared if you were to swap the runflats with the non runflats on the Z4 and 1M.
I also switched to Michelin PSS, I am probably among the first to make that with the 1M, I just waited 550kms. with the stocks and they are reserve tires now. If I could I would do it the day of delivery cause I believe 1M should be the first new M car to have them as stock fitment but it just didn't happen. The car is smoother, has much better traction in all gears and conditions, handles better, a win-win tire, fits like a glove to the 1M.

With the PSS on Z4is and a run-flat on 1M, they would be closer maybe real close but the M3 borrowed wheels, brakes, whole suspension and steering are also there so it is difficult to imagine that just the tire swap would make the situation upside down, but would be interesting to see how much a tire can change.
Appreciate 0