05-24-2011, 07:40 PM   #26
rmorin49
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 11 335d/10 Z4 s30i

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerrK View Post
EU pictured - PN 61319184275 for EU Switch (left hand drive). 61319184277 US Switch. Both switch PN's w/rain sensors. From OEM parts diagram they appear to be the same with the exception of the "Rear Fog" switch in the upper right corner of switch module on EU units (blank for US). For the EU switch its $95 US dollars at www. schmiedmann.com (from from BMWCCA Roundel) don't know if they deliver to US. Sounds like a prettry good price for a BMW electrical part. Anyway it appears that either switch layout is compatible, as i would expect it to be - now for the wiring? It appears they use the outer brake light for the fog light. Is the US harness compatible? Seems as if you had some prior experience. Is it a simple plug and play?

Yes, installation of the Euro switch on the E9X cars is a simple plug and play. Nothing else needed. You can also modify the US switch to use the rear fogs by breaking off a couple tabs from the rear of the rear fog light switch so that it can be depressed against the circuit board to turn on the lights. Not sure if this is possible with the Z4 but it might be if someone is brave enough to take their switch apart. There is a nice DIY for this mod on E90post in the DIY forum, both the installation of the Euro switch and the mod of the US switch. http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26545&highlight=Euro+light+switch
2011 335d BS/Oyster/PP/CWP/NAV/ipod/USB(Daily Driver) 30+ mpg(retired)
Appreciate 0