View Single Post
      11-06-2012, 08:44 PM   #181
lcheong
Rep
Drives: 2011 Black Sapphire 30i Z4, Bl

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckarooVT90 View Post
Yes the One touch feature (on the internal button and the remote) is the main reason... I hated holding down the button... you can't do anything else... put the car in park or turn off the engine... or having to hold the remote button down the entire time too... now, I find a parking spot... touch the close button, proceed to park, turn off engine, and lock the car. all the while the top is finishing closing up and then rolling up the windows... saves me 30secs!
Yes, that is really nice. I do it all the time and it saves time AND is very impressive to folks that happen to be nearby, which I'm sure you've noticed

But one thing that I HAVE to fix is that I sometimes have the issue where after all four windows roll up, either or both of the front windows start rolling down automatically. This could be a pain if you just walk away from your car expecting everything to close and you find out that one of the front windows is open @#$!!!! Some days, the left-front window will automatically roll down more than 50% of the time. Drives me crazy. I know the fix is to convince the dealer to install that relay to delay the rear windows from closing. The last time I brought it in, they insisted on just "recalibrating" the window closing, which worked for about two days before it was clear that it didn't help.

But as it is right now, I do what you do when I park the car, but I feel like I have to watch all the windows close up before I can walk away. I try to look cool in the process, but I would feel much cooler if I could just walk away.
Appreciate 0