11-05-2014, 04:37 PM   #21
five_timer
no turbo, no auto, no iDrive, no kidding
United_States
Rep
Drives: 128i convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by trinim3 View Post
Anyways my point is that Rosberg has basically the same car as Hamilton so using the car as an excuse as to why Rosberg can't beat Hamilton doesn't really gel with me. "Not once has Rosberg fought his way past Hamilton for a race win this season"
So then how do you explain Rosberg's superiority in qualifying? Is it possible that there are many more factors in the "talent vs. results" formula that you failed to mention? Everybody seems to forget that Alonso (most often considered the best driver) didn't do well at McLaren, and I don't think it's because Hamilton's such a superior driver. Mark Webber proved himself with several teams, but consistently had bad luck/performance compared to Vettel. Look at Raikkonnen for god's sakes; always in the list of top drivers, and just recently he outperformed for Lotus. But now you can go an entire race without even remembering that he's on track.

Did it ever cross your mind that some drivers who seem to have bad luck with mechanical failures (brakes, trans, tires, engines) are perhaps driving in a way that's making the failures more likely? And it's also true that a driver has to adapt to a constantly changing car behavior as a race progresses, and some deal with that better than others. I think all the factors are many and complex.
Appreciate 0