View Single Post
      11-05-2014, 11:14 AM   #18
onatuesday
Captain
Rep
Drives: Hyundai

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfJericho View Post
While I don't have an opinion on Vettel being overrated, I do think the cry baby comment is funny when you have people like Hamilton in the paddock. If he's not complaining, he's not talking.
They're both equally cry babies. Though I think Hamilton has matured a lot this year. It's important to keep in mind that drivers are being exposed to fame and millions of dollars at a very early age and being cast into the spotlight before they're ready. Many of them have been home-schooled their entire lives and likely don't have the best social skills (if any at all). When I tried to go pro in my younger days, the maturity level of the kids I was competing against was cringe-worthy (I went to public schools). So I completely understand why drivers like Rosberg, Hamilton and Vettel act so immature. Contrast that to someone like Felipe or Mark Webber who has had time to mature. It comes with age.

However to be a great driver you unfortunately don't really need social maturity (it certainly makes it easier if you do have it though).

Anyways my point is that Rosberg has basically the same car as Hamilton so using the car as an excuse as to why Rosberg can't beat Hamilton doesn't really gel with me.

http://motorsportstalk.nbcsports.com...1-title-fight/

"Not once has Rosberg fought his way past Hamilton for a race win this season"
Appreciate 0