11-04-2014, 08:22 PM   #10
ashtaron14
Major
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: G80 M3

So is GUT or SUT getting kicked?

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/116581

Sauber has signed Caterham refugee Marcus Ericsson as its first driver for the 2015 Formula 1 season.

The 24-year-old Swede moved up to F1 with Caterham for 2014 after four seasons in GP2, but he has been left without a drive at present after his team went into administration.

Sauber team boss Monisha Kaltenborn said Ericsson had made a good impression despite being in a difficult situation at Caterham.

"We have got to know Marcus as a highly motivated driver," she said.

"He did not have an easy rookie season this year in Formula 1, however, he kept calm and improved continuously, mainly in the last races.

"We are convinced that signing Marcus can give the team a fresh impetus."

Ericsson described his 2015 Sauber deal as an incredible turnaround in fortune amid Caterham's problems.

"Fresh from a very turbulent week, I was suddenly given my best early Christmas present ever," he said.

"Sauber has put its trust in me for 2015, and it makes me proud, as Sauber is known to be one of the best teams in developing young drivers.

"It will be a great challenge. I will give my very best to develop both as a driver, and to be part of the challenge to put Sauber back closer to the front where it belongs."

Sauber currently has Adrian Sutil and Esteban Gutierrez as its race drivers, with Giedo van der Garde as reserve.