Putzo
Newb
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2012 E89 Z4 35is

Garage List
iDrive Only Shows Smartphone Address Book Phone Numbers

Folks,

On the way back into town today from a road trip, I decided to make a phone call through iDrive sync'd with my BlackBerry Z10 (I know, it's a work phone). I don't make outgoing calls very often from the car and the last time I did there was no issue - but it was also a different phone (same model of phone, but that one died so work gave me this new one). Today, when I went in to access the address book, all that came up was my list of telephone numbers, which is basically useless. Frustrated, I waited until I had pulled over and then searched every menu I could find to alter the way contact list entries are displayed, but it was already set correctly (sort by last name, first name). Even an address book search only yielded options to enter numerical characters. Before today, I have never seen this.

Has anyone else seen this? With any smartphone? If so, can you let me know how you sorted it out? I've searched this forum and Google and have come up short thus far. At this point I've only found one suggestion that looked halfway promising and it talked about the contact list being encrypted. I've looked at this and I have no encryption turned on at all.

Thanks in advance!
Appreciate 0