View Single Post
      07-12-2012, 08:33 AM   #170
dknightx
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2012 Z4 35is

I finally installed my SmartTop from the February Group Buy (just got my car on Tuesday) and I absolutely love it. I don't even know which feature I like the most - they are all great. Being able to just press a button to drop the top while walking towards your car is great - single press without holding the interior buttons is SO useful - opening/closing top while moving is obviously great for those sudden rain showers we've been getting lately here in GA. Heck, even the auto close of exterior mirrors when locking the car is very useful.

Installation was quite simple. I left the USB cable connected and stored the cable inside the empty space in the first piece of plastic that you remove during installation. It is completely hidden, and all you need to do to access it is pull off that plastic piece (held on with 3 spring clips). I've wrapped the end of the USB cable in a plastic bag w/ rubber band to prevent shorts.

-David