View Single Post
      06-27-2013, 09:57 AM   #1
cuddapah
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW Z4 sDrive 35i

Clicking / grinding noise

This 2011 Z4 is my fourth BMW (second Z4). I understand that all moving parts require service. Never had any problems with service with my previous three BMWs (two X3s, one Z4). But service here in Jacksonville, FL is a nightmare. I can't imagine how a BMW trained tech can miss putting a lug nut and over inflate the tires to almost double. I notified BMW NA about these issues.

After several visits to get 'Engine Malfunction indicator' issue fixed and putting new rear tires, I hear clicking / grinding noise when I reverse or stop or start again. This doesn't happen always. I took the car for service to get alignment checked (car was pulling to the right) and check on the clicking / grinding issue. They simply swapped the tires and told me that they reset some transmission adapters per BMW bulletin. Problem is not solved and I still hear clicking / grinding noise. BMW trained techs don't know anything about this.
I was wondering if anybody has this problem with their Z4. Appreciate any suggestions.
Appreciate 0