View Single Post
      05-10-2012, 06:58 PM   #20
fooledyas
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 z4 and 328i

UPDATE:
I know its been a while but I wanted to update this thread, rant a little and maybe get some opinions. So we picked the car up from the dealer after waiting 6 days for them to install the new module. first thing I noticed when I went to get in was my seat (the one with 800 mile use on it the one I change my clothes before leaving work the one I have managed to keep in new condition was filthy) so back inside I went to scream at the service advisor (who looked at me like I was crazy) but finally agreed to have the seat cleaned. They took the car down into the shop after about 15 minuets it reappeared the guy driving got out and appeared to be drying the car. the seat looked clean so I decided to just get out of there before I got taken out in handcuffs.

When I arrived home I checked the seat more carefully and found it still had a blue stain. then as my blood stared boiling to my horror I noticed the vinyl around the stereo has all these little holes and tears. I promptly called the dealer who's response was I'll have to see that ! So we went to show him. first we couldn't get anyone to come out side to look at it in the daylight they wanted us to bring it into the shop and there was no way they were going to get the car again. So finally we got the service advisor and the assistant manager of service( the manager is harder to see then the pope) they seemed unfazed by my complaint and treated me as thou I was irrational. that's when I flipped out demanded to see the manager who was supposedly in a meeting the said they would tell him and he would call us. I said I would wait until his meeting was over 5 minuets later he appeared.

I told him I wanted the seat cleaned and if the could not clean it they would have to replace it and that I wanted the vinyl replaced not patched not stretched no fixed with some f**ken new vinyl and to call me when he had the parts. to this he agreed and apologized for the troble I left feeling that I had been screwed but at least the were taking responsability and it would be fixed.

only problem two weeks passed no call how long can it take to order some dash panels. So of course I called him and again was told he was in a meeting but the assistant manager said he would find out if the parts came in and call me of cause no call. next day called again another meeting but this time they gave me his voice mail at least so I left him a nasty message and of course no call back. next day I called again (must have been my lucky day he answered) He told me the parts were on back order but if I didn't want to wait they had so great nuvinly type product they could use I told him no thanks I would wait.

my question is do you think I'm screwed that they have no intention of ever fixing my car?

Are they just waiting me out , how long can it take to get parts? should I be contacting a lawyer?

any advice is welcome

thanks in advance

Joe P.
Appreciate 0