View Single Post
      09-15-2010, 01:43 PM   #1
Jason
Administrator
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Cool Automobile Magazine Reviews Z4 sDrive35is

Automobile Magazine has undertaken a review of the 2011 Z4 sDrive35is.

http://www.automobilemag.com/reviews...rformance.html

Among the notable quotes:

Quote:
I had a great time ripping through the gears and hitting on-ramps with more speed than normal, but like the M3 coupe, there's rarely a safe chance to take advantage of the Z4is's amazing capabilities.
Quote:
I like McCausland's description of the BMW Z4 sDrive35is as a "tarmac-seeking missile," as it indeed is that. During a very fun weekend in the car, I spent a lot of time seeking tarmac myself: long, straight ribbons of it; short, undulating stretches of it; curvy, tightening, heaving pieces of it. It didn't much matter what kind of road I was on, the Z4 was a blast. What's nice is that it also has brakes to match the performance of the powertrain. I was giving a ride to a 15-year-old who's barely been in a convertible in her life, let alone a high-performance German car, and I did a 100-to-0-mph stop on a deserted stretch of road and she was astonished. So was I. It's also true, as McCausland says, that the 300-hp six in the standard Z4 sDrive35i is more than sufficient for this small car.
Quote:
The new styling of the Z4 is a great success on the road. I have driven few cars this summer that garnered so much attention, all of it from men ranging in age from teens to 20s to 40s. This includes the teenage son of the organic free-range farmers from whom I sometimes buy eggs. This young man usually demonstrates all the enthusiasm for his mother's egg-buying customers that you would expect from a sullen teen-ager, which is to say none. But when I wheeled the Z4 sDrive35is into their driveway, he was all smiles and solicitude, cheerfully asking, "Are you here to buy eggs?!?" "Yes," I replied. "Sorry, we're out," he said. "But I LOVE your car! I am a HUGE beemer fan!!"
Read the full review at Automobile Magazine
Subscribe to Bimmerpost Youtube Channel
Appreciate 0