View Single Post
      02-25-2015, 06:14 PM   #1
wmandra
Track Addict
Rep
Drives: 2010 328i, 2014 Z4

Thumbs up Flash tune for 28i !!!

If anyone saw the featured post on BR-Performance being able to flash tune the new ECU's and was curious, I can confirm this is 100% true!

Just got my ECU back from them after being flashed and the car is a complete monster.

Overall turnaround time was extremely fast. I pulled the ECU and shipped it to them on Tuesday, it arrived in Belgium on Friday was flashed and shipped back to me the following Monday; so just about 1 week total (which wasn't a big deal since the car has been sitting most of the winter anyway).

These guys also have excellent customer service answering all my questions promptly and making sure they had all the necessary detail to flash the ECU exactly how I wanted (tune is only active in Sport or Sport+ modes).

I was only able to take the car out for a short test drive today, but will have the car on the race track for testing before the season starts at the end of March after which I'll provide a more detailed analysis of the tunes performance. For now all I can say is it felt much stronger than the Stage2 JB4 I had in previously and power delivery is much smoother with the flash than with the JB4.

Here's a picture from their website with the Stage1 tune details (not my car).
Attached Images

Driver, Ratchet Head Racing #93 BMW Z4
Club Organizer, Garden State Euros Motorsport Division
2014 Glacier Silver Z4 28i M Sport - See the build thread: http://e89.zpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=950367
Appreciate 1