sportscars only
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 Z4 sDrive 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicknaz View Post
Attachment 859065Attachment 859066

left is 35is right is 35i

I validated the difference by looking last time I was at the dealer getting oil for my 35i (whose caliper does indeed look like the right picture in that thread)

EDIT as for ashjorn's assertion, there is some 2009 launch literature floating around here that claimed the larger brake rotor size.. isn't applicable for US 35i.. forum conjecture is that it is for ROW 35i
Quote:
Originally Posted by tranquility View Post
My car's OEM wheels are 18"; the suggested BMW OEM winter set are 17" though and my brakes still fit w/ them. Not sure about my brakes' size, have to take a look later.
Ok, this is getting me paranoid. I checked my brakes and the front brakes look like the one on the right, which is supposedly the smaller ones? My car's Canadian DM and according to the 2011 Canadian BMW literature, the 35i is supposed to have 348mm front and 324mm rear, just like the 35is; the 30i has 300mm for both.

I note that my rear brakes don't look like either of those pix, so I'm hoping that you simply mislabeled those 2 pix...or else I'll have to bring this up w/ my dealer. If I was given the 300mm, shouldn't my fronts and rears look the same? If I have a prb but am out of warranty, can I still pursue if I indeed got shortchanged? This is perplexing. Could someone please advise?
Appreciate 0