View Single Post
      06-21-2010, 10:19 AM   #68
mikeinaustin
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 z4 3.0 crimson red

just as an fyi, i checked the error codes with a bavtech tool. cleared all the codes. ran the car for 2 days and duplicated the issue. re-checked the error codes and there was 1 present it was E704 and is in the heating and air conditioner control unit. basically a can bus error (could be a bad cable, etc). A/C compressors disengage (when told to) when the rpm drops below a set amount to prevent the engine from stalling...

Unfortunately, i did communicate with a bmw master technician about this. he stated that all bmw's have this particular error code (in the heating and a/c section) stored pretty much all the time. therefore, this particular error is, in general, ignored by techs 98% of the time. could we be the 2% case?

anyway the car is going into the shop today and i will raise this issue directly with the shop foreman. perhaps the air temperature being hot really means your running your a/c unit and it isn't disengaging when slowing (and your rpms drop below 500) causing an engine stall. or perhaps it isn't told by the computer to disengage quick enough, etc, etc.
Appreciate 0