09-05-2010, 12:30 PM   #25
Mr. ///M3 RD
Happy Camper
Canada
Rep
Drives: C63 AMG & 280 SL on Weekends :

Garage List
HerrK

I will certainly keep this in mind and I thank you. However, if I follow up on this later it will primarily to get to the bottom of it all in the interest of others. I would properly have the wheel and crack totally analyzed, samples taken and the proper test procedures followed and documented (I am certain that your described procedure will be part of it - we have access to a lot of resources that I have been dealing with in the past 25 years of my own specialized mechanical engineering business).

Based upon those results I will at that time either take further steps or drop the matter all together. If indeed the findings are that the crack was a result of hitting something I only will have a few choices;-

A) Keep the car and purchase forged wheels with a good wheel / tire insurance.

B) Trade the car in and leave the BMW behind after 20 years driving them, find something more reliable that will indeed give JOY

C) Last but not least fabricate a nice round glass table using the wheel as main support and a good conversation piece.

What ever happens ... I will write to the Roundel Magazine, they are very outspoken about issues like this and I am sure the Editors will publish my findings, should make for interesting reading I think.

Thanks again for your follow up and input, as always it is appreciated

Life will take us to some interesting places, fortunately The ///M3 will too with a many of us know this very well, now my C6.3 AMG with 487 HP does it too
---> Click here for some good stuff I found

Last edited by Mr. ///M3 RD; 09-05-2010 at 12:49 PM..
Appreciate 0