View Single Post
      04-21-2013, 08:38 AM   #1
BMWZ4RIDER
BMWZ4Rider
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW Z4 35i

Recall Nightmare continue

Received my recall. The job was completed last week at Premier BMW of Cape Cod, my local dealer.
However with the repair I got 2 scratches on my car and a ruined set of rear 293 wheels.
Here is the story.
My car was mint clean. The kids who the dealer hires to wash the cars decided to wash my car anyways, even mint clean like my car was.
I saw them Using big brushes on other cars for washing and then for drying they were using bladed squeegees. I now know how they scratched my car and I assuming all cars. I guess the average BMW driver doesn't care.

Rear 293 wheels. I just had the wheels off the car and polished them super clean with wheel polish. I took lots of pictures (luckily) of how nice they looked.
I picked up the car to find the scratches and tell the service manager who agrees to fix them.
I get the car home and notice that both rear wheels, not the front for what ever reason, have the clear coat look like shattered and wrinkled glass.
I take the car back to the service manager and he cannot explain it BUT agrees to replace the 2 wheel under warranty.

Fast Forward 2 weeks. I get my new wheels installed. I inspect them right at the dealer and the technicians (hacks) who installed them chipped 1 wheel so bad, that i would not accept it. Immediately Back to the service manager, who inspects it and again agrees to replace the brand new wheel, now chipped wheel, with another new one.

I will post if I finally get this corrected. What a recall
2009 BMW Z4 35i/SMG/DCT/Premium,Cold, Sound PK/Com Acc/Ash/PDC/Wind Deflector/Smoked Reflectors/Red Calipers/Cl Mask/M Series Grill/6000K LED's/De-Badged/M Pedals/CF Mirrors-Engine Cover/Stubby/20% Tint/H8 LED's/LCI Side Markers/Sniper Sprint Spoiler/VMR V710/H&R Sport Springs/KN.
Appreciate 0