View Single Post
      05-07-2012, 01:58 AM   #1
jelmok
Rep
Drives: Z4 sdrive35is

Hi guys,

I am new on here. Looks like a great forum - been lurking for a little while.

I recently swapped my Z4m coupe for a nearly new sdrive35is. I wanted something a little bit easier to live with, and so figured with the adjustable suspension and semi auto gearbox it would really suit what I was after.

For the most part, I am really happy, but the car has a really annoying handling problem, which I am struggling to have fixed. Basically on a highway, if drive at a constant speed, the car tracks straight and true, but when you accelerate even slightly, the car pulls right. Then when you back off, it pulls left. Makes driving really twitchy as I am constantly having to fight the car wanting to change direction by adding little inputs into the steering.

Have changed the run flats to new Continentals and the dealer paid for a full KDS alignment, and this hasn't cured the problem, even though the settings were out before the alignment was adjusted. I have a suspicion that it might be the electric power steering, and I want to say that sometimes it feels worse than others, but I am not totally sure. Dealer has verified the problem and says they aren't sure what else could be the cause, and have raised a technical case with BMW.

Am really hoping they aren't going to tell me it's a characteristic of the car, and wondered if anyone had any ideas what might be the cause of this, and whether any of you had experienced this?

Really appreciate the help and many thanks!

John.
Appreciate 0