08-21-2009, 06:53 PM   #59
Angry3
All your 1 are belong to us!!!
Rep
Drives: '08 135i 'Vert

[QUOTE=BlueZ4AZ;5724768]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry3 View Post

The flip side though is that 30 months from now (instead of in 36) you have to give the car back and do it all over again, if you plan to lease again. Shortening by 6 months the time at which you have to fork over another $4500 of sunk costs. This also means you got 6 less months to spread out the $4500 it cost to get into the lease (Cap Reduction, Aquisition fee, etc.)
Not sure where you're getting $4500 in sunk costs from, any cap reduction offsets the monthly payment. The only true sunk costs IMHO are the acq. fee, doc fee, and tax if you're in a state where you get hit for the entire cost of the car. Having to put a new set of RFTs on the car hurts, but the only difference relative to the 36 month term gets you a little less use out of them.

To me one cool thing about this lease is that it will end in February, which is right at the end of the "prime" lease period in the winter where you have the best chance score another cheap lease on a new leftover model. You can shop for the new one over the holidays and hopefully roll right into another good deal instead of coming off lease in the summer car buying season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cemson999 View Post
So how much for a z4 2.0 with a msrp of $50K ? That would be ridiculously cheap, wouldn't it ? $450 + tax maybe ?

What do you guys think ?

P.S. : How much does $1,000 of down payment affect the monthly payment in a lease? I heard about 30$'s? Any knowledge on that ? thanks .
$450 sounds a bit low for a no CCR lease, I'd think calculator would show something in the 500-550 range. If you're interested just use the Leaseguide calculator and pop some basic numbers in. And yes, every $1K drops the monthly around $30.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueZ4AZ View Post
If you are going to lease and the money factor is that low, then there would be no benefit or reason to put any additional money down other than the required CAP Reduction.
Unless things have changed in the last 6 months there's no required cap reduction. The advertised payments on the BMW site are of course based on a CCR of some amount, but BMWFS doesn't require it as a matter of course (unless they do it for risk mitigation). On my 135 lease I wrote a check for $2000, which was for my initial and 3 additional security deposits. I rolled everything else (acq. fee, doc fee, tax, everything) back into the lease. Assuming you're a good candidate for them the smartest thing to do IMO on these super low MF leases is to do the MSDs and take every cent of BMW Financial's money they will give you
Appreciate 0