View Single Post
      05-08-2009, 09:28 PM   #24
Jaguar66
M Power
Cayman Islands
Rep
Drives: '09 ///M-Sport 135i

I drove this car today. Lots of fun. Luxury sports roadster is what this is. I have a Cayman S, and the power and handling are not as good as the Cayman, (few cars can handle as well as a Cayman S), but it was fun. To be a more serious performance machine, it will need an "M" treatment, although I have heard no M for this car. The fit and finish are great, the Ivory White Nappa Leather is like butter. Retractable hardtop is fantastic, one second a quiet coupe, 15 secs later, an air and sun in your face cruising machine.

It is definately getting up into Porsche territory pricewise, at just over $60K. There were little details I like, like the trunk lid roundel doubling as the trunk opening latch. The rear windows recline in roadster mode. The round guages, round and A/C controls.

Performance wise it will scoot, the twin turbo model probably in the 0-60 5.3 to 5.4 sec range. It did not feel like sub 5. But hard to tell for sure.

The 7 speed steptronic, while not bad, is no match for a manual. I am a little disappointed it doesn't have the DCT as an option.

Handling wise was typical BMW, a bit of understeer, easily brought to neutral with the throttle.

The style is something that will probably polarize folks, either you like it or you hate it. I for one liked it.

Like I said at the beginning, a very nice luxury sport 2 seat coupe/roadster.