View Single Post
      10-31-2023, 05:22 PM   #13
LDT
Major
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 M60i

Quote:
Originally Posted by tturedraider View Post
You absolutely do have to have some kind of military association to join Navy Federal. If you aren’t active duty or a veteran you must have an immediate family member who is or have someone physically living in your household who is to be eligible for membership. And that person has to actually be a member of Navy Federal.

Pentagon Federal CU is open to anyone if you join military support organization and they have a link on their website to do that.

edit for clarity: DoD civilians can also be eligible to join Navy Federal, so technically it is possible to join without being active duty military or a veteran or immediate family member or sharing a household.
My only military association is that my father (deceased) was a veteran. I joined NFCU with ease and obtained the BMW military discount certificate via True Car military with relative ease. I’m not bragging nor am I gaming the system. I simply answered their questions and uploaded the requested documentation which was my father’s form DD214 or it’s predecessor. Got 4.54% financing plus $2k military discount in August.
2015 GL 350--diesel burner/highway queen
2013 Audi S6--a beast in it's day
Appreciate 0