View Single Post
      09-28-2016, 09:46 PM   #26
fmorelli
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Atacama Yellow 35i

The car is running and we took it for a spin today, though light rain and new tires, so no pushing. It comes back to my house and into the garage for all the remaining work. I took photos of the exhaust, and will look to share some of those over the next couple days. We are still working on installing the post-cat 02 sensors which will now live behind the new high flow cats which are under the driveshaft.

We've also spent a fair bit of time with the MMP silicone outlet, which is installed but is a tight fit. We had to cut the frontmost heat shield body mount stud because it just presses straight into the hose. The bank 1 turbo outlet is right under the exhaust manifold, and with the aluminum extender, runs too close to the manifold for our liking. We wrapped it with high temp reflective cloth, and secured the tape with stainless tie wraps for now. As well the hose connection to the ER intercooler is somewhat angled, so it flexes but puts load on the intercooler mount - putting in the longer intercooler mount screws really helps this. Barry and I are discussing making an outlet tube, using sections of the MMP. We have some ideas on how to better clear the Bank 1 exhaust manifold, et cetera. I'm thankful we have the MMP outlet - it is a quality piece, and one can't beat the price or support Mauricio provides.

In the meantime, a teaser photo of the exhaust.

Filippo

Last edited by fmorelli; 09-30-2016 at 01:25 PM..
Appreciate 0