01-16-2013, 03:28 AM   #17
ManiacGT
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Z4 sDrive 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrewKo View Post
Hello, I have a 2009 Z4 3.5i. I am a lawyer and am going to file a lawsuit to correct the defective wheels and seek reimbursement for damages. My email is akoplan@yahoo.com If you have experienced a problem and would like to discuss it, please email me.

This will likely be a class action similar to what prompted BMW NA to change the N54 engine that originally did not include an oil cooler and would over-heat. After some time and much pressure, BMW issued a recall to install oil coolers (in most circumstances).

My advice--Do not even accept a Z4 if it has style 289 wheels. They are going to crack. They are completely defective and dangerous. I drive on the highways and roads in Atlanta, GA and have had to replace 3. I have the warranty, and it covered 2 replacements only, because two of the wheels completely cracked (at different times mind you and not due to driving other than everyday and such) and were covered/replaced, but the third wheel bent but did not crack. I had to pay to have it repaired.

We deserve better.
You might want to get the facts right if you're progressing legally.. they're style '296' not '289'.
Appreciate 0