Australia
Rep
Drives: Like a Demon!

Garage List
2010 BMW Z4 35is  [10.00]
2013 BMW X5 30d  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by rfx45 View Post
Thanks for the info. I still hope it has minimal damage but I really won't know til I get an inspection.

I really do not want to bring it to the dealership to get fixed though, maybe just a BMW certified repair shop, I believe shops like those exist that isn't part of a dealership. I just have a feeling the dealership will charge at least twice as much as an independent BMW certified shop. The insurance company should have some shop suggestions too, I'll see what shops they choose for the cars repair.

Also, Torn, just curious but how long did your take to get fixed? I'd really hate for the car to spend a couple of months in the shop while I am paying for it. I'd like to drive it as much as possible.
I'd be very surprised if the Insurer wasn't given a different pricing that a member of the public.

Many years ago over here in Oz we used to get "Insurance Quotes" which were double or more of what it actually took to get the job done, because the small paint and panel shops liked to rip off the insurance companies.

Now days the insurance companies are a lot smarter. They do blanket deals with "approved repairers" and they get much lower prices that the man in the street.
Its still the same job, but the insurer is effectively using their buying power to get a better price.

We have the same deal with medical insurance over here. If you pay for it yourself in a private hospital you get screwed big time, and if you stay in an non-approved hospital you get hit with a gap payment, but if you stay in an approved hospital that has a deal with the insurer then you can usually walk out and only pay for the phone usage.

You would be surprised at how effective this is in controlling the industry, as most big ticket panel work has to come from the insurers.
I would be very surprised if there was not a local "BMW approved" repairer that is on yoru Insurance companies "approved" list as well.

Dr Stig
2010 Z4 35is
2011 X3 30d M Sport
Australia
Appreciate 0