Mr. ///M3 RD
Happy Camper
Canada
Rep
Drives: C63 AMG & 280 SL on Weekends :

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alext View Post
I remember you mentioned you hit some potholes on your roadtrip. Now it depends how big these potholes were and whether the damage was additive and progressive.
Yes I did go thru a small pot hole also a step (road construction) in the road. However, there was no contact at all with the pothole or step in the road, they were both fairly small.

It must have been the RFT stiff sidewall exerting elevated stress, bending forces to the weaker side of the inner outer rim. My feelings anyway.

I ADDED ONE MORE PHOTO SHOWING THE INSIDE OF THE RIM, NOTE THERE ARE NO ROAD MARKS WHATSOEVER

For the photo click here

There are marks on the inside from the tire machine as the tire was removed by others. The small BMW Dealership in Idaho had n Tire Machine so they took me to another place. The bend that BMW is referring to might very well have been inflicted by the tire machine. As we well know it does not take much force to deflect a round alloy wheel. Go figure, this BMW Dealership can sell cars costing well over 100K however, cannot handle tire changes.

Thanks for your post and vote

Life will take us to some interesting places, fortunately The ///M3 will too with a many of us know this very well, now my C6.3 AMG with 487 HP does it too
---> Click here for some good stuff I found

Last edited by Mr. ///M3 RD; 09-04-2010 at 07:37 PM..
Appreciate 0