View Single Post
      06-29-2012, 07:57 PM   #1
Romer
BMW and Toyota Enthusiast
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 Z4 sDrive30i

Yokohama or Bridgestone all Season RFT

I have read and searched and it seems like the 3rd generation Potenza RE960AS Pole Position is the logical choice. But I found very little info on the Yokohama. 2 people loved it, two people hated it.

It's always important to understand what one intends to do with the Vehicle. I live in Denver so it snows, but big storms are infrequent. Ice and snow typically melt off in a day or two except for the big storms.

If I get up and see snow or know there is snow in the forecast, I'll just drive my Land Cruiser.

In my last Z4, I switched to the non RFT Michellin All Seasons and they were great. I carried a spare and jack because thats the way I am. The stock Potenza's summer tires are much better then what I had on my 2003 Z4 and are not bad except a bit rough on bumpy roads.

From the reviews and the June 11 artucle in Roundel, it seems the Potenza RE960AS Pole Position is the way to go.

Just wanted to see if anyone has experiance with the Yokohama before I make the purchase (probably closer to fall).

My Land Cruiser is fairly well built and I know how important a good tire selection is.

I do not want to swap for snow tires and I do not want to run summer tires year round. I want a good tire that if it snows a bit (2-3") while I am at work, I can get safely home and drive my Land Cruiser till it melts.

Any other thoughts or advice would be appreciated