05-08-2012, 11:23 AM   #230
Asbjorn
Captain
China
Rep
Drives: Z4 N54 DCT (VTT GC lites)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool4re View Post
I go to China 3-4 times a year; scary to drive a Z4 around Dongguan or Shenzhen where I go...lots of potholes and bad streets! Not to mention the terrible drivers.
It is scary driving inside the big cities in China. Very scary. Especially because people in other cars like to stare at white foreigners and cars such as the Z4... Just last week I saw some dude hit a another car at low speed while he was busy looking at me... and I have lost count of how many times passengers in cars/busses passing by took pictures of me with their mobiles

But I have now driven almost 10.000km in China and the reason I am still alive I think is that the expressways/toll roads here are quite developed and mostly used by trucks. Also, except for speed limits, which are monitored by speedcams EVERYWHERE, most traffic rules are not really enforced here. This means driving outside urban areas in China is often more relaxing compared to the US and Europe.

OK, this was probably off topic, but just wanted to share. At least im still a noob haha
Appreciate 0