View Single Post
      10-09-2011, 03:47 AM   #1
wgoldman
Rep
Drives: 2018 X3

2012 Z4 28i - USA

Hi – new to this forum, and thought you might like to see some photos of a nearly fresh-off-the-boat 2012 Z4 28i, among the first cars to reach U.S. soil from this new production run. Placed the order on August 29, and drove the car home from the dealer yesterday (October 8), so less than six weeks to an eastern U.S. final destination.

This Z4 is Space Gray Metallic, with black leather and dark wood interior trim, plus these U.S. options: Premium package, Sport package (which includes the adaptive M suspension, 18” wheels, and sport seats), Cold Weather package, and iDrive Navigation.

The new 4-cylinder 2.0-liter turbo engine seems at least as peppy as the inline 6 that I originally test-drove, and the new 8-speed automatic transmission shifts crisply – the two are a nice responsive combination. For those of you interested, the angel eyes are still halogen rather than LED. The only interior change is the new paddle shifters, though I think this specific wood trim is a new Z4 choice for 2012.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0