04-06-2012, 04:36 PM   #22
AlpWhite11
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mako
I don't think that is what Scott26 meant.

I think he meant that the new Z4 35i LCI will have an "M Performance package" option on it, just like the new X6 35i will have that option. And since it comes with a little extra HP, that will eliminate the need for the Z4 is. I don't think he meant there is going to be a full blown M Performance model like Europe is getting right now.

I think there is a lot of confusion between the M Performance "package" and "model". The models have a bunch of changes on them and very close to an actual M, the "package" just adds a little horsepower, exterior M looks and maybe a few other smaller tweaks (just like the "is" did), but the model designation does not change when you get the package. So this would not be a Z4 M Performance badged car. Think more along the lines of AMG offering the performance package that adds power to their cars, doesn't make it a different model like the "black edition" though.
Scott wouldn't have said "M Performance Automobile" line if he meant just M Performance Parts program for the Z4. And if he also wouldn't have just limited it to the 'is' model if he was talking about M Performance Parts.

Sounds like he means a full out M Performance Automobile model like the M135i, M550d, x6 m50d etc.
Appreciate 0