View Single Post
      02-13-2017, 01:31 PM   #14
Need4spd28
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by GATORB8 View Post
Along these lines. I wonder if you could get your dealer to buy out your lease (which appears to be something they do to get you in another car per some posts on here), swap to a 20k mile lease, then only be on the hook for an additional $1,600/year.
I really don't see that happening. They're not just going to let me out of the lease two years early. There is such a thing as a pull ahead program but that's only 90-180 days from maturation. Again, I don't see it unless someone knows something that I don't.

Mileage, by the way, is $.23 on the X1 and $.27 on the M3 IF miles are paid for in advance. My math tells me she will owe about $10K and I will owe about $4K in excess when it's all said and done. The fact is that this is just a byproduct of our profession and our lifestyle. When two people are driving a total of 50K miles a year there's no easy to deal with it. Even if we didn't lease her car she would still have a car with 90,000 miles on it after three years which translates into a ton of negative equity, potential maintenance issues, etcetera. You gotta pay to play one way or the other.

If it were just me I'd eat the $4K to keep driving my M3 in a heartbeat, no questions asked. That extra $10K to drive an X1 is a tough pill to swallow though.
Appreciate 0