View Single Post
      01-15-2012, 08:02 PM   #5
HerrK
Captain
Rep
Drives: 21 X5 40i, 77 R100Rs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///MIKE View Post
First off I wanted to say hi to everyone. I've just placed an order for a 35iS and I'm already regretting not ordering the iDrive / Navi system.

So my question is if its possible at all for me to retrofit the Navi/iDrive unit into the car myself if I order it strait from the dealer. I've seen this done on a X3 over on the other forum but I can't seem to find any info on the E89 having this done.

Can anyone shed some light on this for me? Appreciate the help!
If you mean "just placed an order" as in the last couple of days, then just contact your CA and add NAV to the order. Retrofit, if the dealer would even entertain it would be extremely expensive. I have never heard anyone with a E89 Z do such a thing. I added "Premium Sound" a few days after I placed my order, as there was a configuration change for the 2011 MY which I preferred (Sat Radio & no CD). It was a simple change. Your car doesn't go into production for a few weeks.

HerrK - 2021 X5 40i M Sport l PCD l Atlantis Blue/Ext'd Tartufo Merino l M Sport w/blue Calipers l Matt Popular l HK Sound l 740's l Exec & Drive Pro Pack
Sold w/Great Memories - E89 Z4 l ED 2010 l 2011 35i l Crimson/Ext'd Coral Red w/Alum l 6 sp MT l Prem Sound l Sport Pack l 296's
Appreciate 0