View Single Post
      06-19-2015, 02:06 PM   #12
pavproch
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0i & 330ixT

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynicalwry View Post
The first thing to do was hard wire a V1. It is tapped into the switched ignition power above the mirror. The concealed display is secured inside the left vent. We removed the flappers inside and took off the adjuster. It can easily be put back together in the future.

Next was the create more storage inside the center console. Who in their right mind would buy a BMW phone? A little fiddling around and the phone holder is gone. A quick plate w/ double side tape gives me an added storage bin.
IŽll go backwards.... ref centre console storage - got the Zet of mine with the phohe cradle, too, but bored of it a bit more ..... replaced the storage bin (divided due phone holder) with a unitary one - pos. 6 (OEM No. number: 51169181218)

ref V1: imho an inconvenient and obsolete solution .... I vote for a complete (though partially illegal here in CZ) package Protector 950 AL.... definitely not cheap, but a full protection is simply worth the bucks.... radar detection, laser shielding, GPS database (red light cameras, section speed control....), no false alarms, 100% stealth installation