View Single Post
      02-23-2017, 05:46 PM   #117
nrgy
Private
Rep
Drives: AMG GTR, LP570-4

Quote:
Originally Posted by aajjcc View Post
nice. I always signal, pull over, turn off my engine, open both windows, have my registration/license/insurance at the ready with both hands on top of the steering wheel and address the cop as "officer." I'm polite throughout the interaction and honest with the officer. Yet I always end up getting a ticket. I've had all my tickets dismissed using one of those traffic attorneys, so its not really a big deal, but that whole polite/honesty/ thing never works for me.
They deal with so many traffic stops I'm sure some would see that as you pandering to get on their good side. Wouldn't be surprised if that irks them even more.

I act polite, but I don't go out of my way to be extra nice or courteous, after all it is they who are inconveniencing you. I don't do anything they don't request of me, so I leave my hands wherever they feel comfortable at the time, car running. I roll down my window when they come walking up and knock on it, and pull out my license or other documents when asked for it.

I've been let off with warnings 90% of the time and only ticketed once in the last 15 years?
Appreciate 0