View Single Post
      12-13-2009, 10:34 AM   #70
teagueAMX
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Some are road worthy

Upon first seeing the photos with the silver mirrors and the bright chrome grills, it seemed a little too cute for my taste. But after seeing the video, it's better than my inital impression. Will reserve final judgment after seeing it in metal.

But my nagging question is this: Why doesn't BMW include brake and suspension upgrades? It's frustrating that BMW keeps playing around on the fringes and doesn't want to commit to a full blown ///M. Ok, but paste ///M insignia all over it but not complete the step?

It reminds me of the 60' and early-70's US muscle car era. There were a hand full of bad ass factory muscle cars out there (that pale in comparison to today's cars). But, for the average Joe, they gave him the appearance of muscle but without the substance by packaging the cars with different names, cool looking insignias, paint schemes, louder mufflers, etc. And, they would make a bunch of superficial changes like that every couple of years so Joe just had to go out trade in his "old" model for the new hotness. Under the paint and insignias it was a regular car that really wasn't that hot in the final analysis.

The marketers are the blame. We need to round 'em all up and send them to an armed detention camp in North Dakota for a couple of winters. That will teach a lesson.

Last edited by teagueAMX; 12-13-2009 at 04:43 PM..
Appreciate 0