Rep
Drives: 2012 Z4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jparnes1
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicknaz
Quote:
Originally Posted by HerrK View Post
If its a lease, who cares beat it to death and trade it in.

CPO buyers take note!!
Exactly herr k. I think the car's computer keeps track of launch control attempts so maybe this can be assessed by a potential Cpo buyer. I would check into it if it was me.
Two thoughts on this.

First, I would think people would have some degree of rational to not continually use LC on a daily basis, or multiple times on a daily basis. Logic would tell you that at some stage, you are abusing the car, tires, and if unlucky, a LEO's patience and attitude, if all you do is LC every chance you get.

Secondly, I don't really think BMW would have engineered this into the cars with DCT if occasional use would lead to premature failure, or damage, to the car and related components. How can they deny warranty work for something they write into the manual as a feature? And yes, I did note someone mentioned some folks had problems in another forum from use of the LC, but still, it exists because BMW programmed it into car. I will need to go back and read the manual now to see exactly what language BMW worded in that section.

I'm now waiting for OP to inquire about replacement of his worn out rear tires!
Appreciate 0