02-13-2022, 06:26 AM   #78
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Bmw M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5Rick View Post
The proof of the pudding is in the eating,(meaning wait until quali and race) any team can launch their car anytime and cover up the key areas, in a way it's still launching a car incognito.
I mean I was just saying it would be smarter to do an incognito launch and drum up massive press for more sponsor deals than reveal nothing. You could show the side pods for instance or the nose area (minus the wing), not much people can do to copy that without knowing the flow fields around these areas. So to cover this up put a fake floor without strakes, and a basic wing. The entire car concept is still there minus the key areas for instance.

Or be like Aston martin and release the whole thing. Sure some small things might be changed by race day as they learned their design but it will be an improvement on what is already seen so they aren't decieving anyone. At this stage I doubt much can be copied from simple videos anyways. The chassis is homologated now, suspension is too. The only thing that can be copied easily is the wings and what little of the floor they can see. And even then without being able to copy the side pods etc it will not be effective to just copy those few parts that are permitted to be modified during the season because they will not work the same way in a different car's flow field without the other parts that are locked in also upgraded.