PoorLurker
Custom User Title
No_Country
Rep
Drives: a bicycle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mywifes335 View Post
A lot of 1%ers aren't car guys....
And those who are car guys are on forums showing an amazing garage. There is one guy that I have seen on forums who has had such an amazing amount of cars. Ferraris, GT3, Lambos, GTRs, etc... and lives in a ~$900k house. Pretty interesting because most $900k neighborhoods do not have wealth that equates to these types of cars. He is a huge car guy though and spends his money differently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by atxgt3 View Post
Actually if you buy them right watches can be decent investments or at least not lose much value. Not so easy for cars!
Problem is that the entry fee to get into desirable and appreciating watches costs $$$ that many people may not have. Same thing with many exotic/collector cars. Takes money to play.

Quote:
Look at statistics for the highest average and median incomes in the nation by city and you'll see how not average $400k is.
I always look at these statistics and realize that "original owners" must really bring down the median income. I look at some of the "wealthier" neighborhoods in Orange County and their median income is only hovering around $150-200k per year.

$400k is a world away from $200k. Each $20k increase in salary is a little over $1000 per month net additional spending money. $60k difference means you would have to buy a 991 GT3 before you felt the same financial strain as someone who made $60k less gross.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASBSECU E93 View Post
Since we approached this topic.....

I'll be glad to share my estate plan.....I'll spend every fuq'n dime I have before I die of old age. Additionally - I'd like to be leveraged to my eyes and stick it to the man since I have ZERO heirs to screw
I am not sure why people care to die with so much money left over for inheritance. In a perfect world, I will die when my children are already established, therefore, they would not need my money to help them get ahead. Seems rather ridiculous to think that your 50 year old child is in dire need of your inheritance.

Quote:
It's really a mystery to me, because there's no way there can be that many people making that much money. A lot of people have to be hurting and have to be in way over their heads.
I, too, wonder how can it be that SO many people are SO rich.
Appreciate 0