04-21-2013, 11:11 PM   #65
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 Z4 sDrive 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nkc View Post
So you're complaining about a free brand new BMW convertible sports car? You're 18 right? You do notice that it is highly unlikely that you would be able to afford anything nicer than this for the next 10 years on your own money. Free is free son, enjoy it and if you don't plan on living off daddy's money for the rest of your life, this is gonna be the nicest car that you will be driving for a while.

BTW, you're an 18 year old dude I assume heading to college, girls don't know the difference between a 3.0 or a 35i. Panties will still drop and you should thank your dad for every pc of ass that you tap with this car.
Quote:
Originally Posted by keepittrill View Post
Honestly, I didn't get this car for the looks, status, or to get girls. I got it because I genuinely love driving and i love cars. And hopefully this won't be the nicest car I'll be driving in the next 10 years. The thing with me, is that I'm of a certain race. And in our culture, our parents pretty much pay for everything until we get into residency, and sometimes even up until we start practicing.(The Medical profession is the only profession for us, I'm afraid.) For example, my Uncle just got my cousin an R8 for him becoming Chief resident. Now he's doing some sort of fellowship or something at Harvard. (Not exactly sure what he's doing there, actually. I think it's his interventional cardiology fellowship.) Its a foreign concept to most people, they think we're "spoiled", but that's just our culture.
Quote:
Originally Posted by keepittrill View Post
I don't even care what people think at this point. I'm a nice enough guy, a damn good student, and I'm not tooooooo douchey. So whatever (and trust me, that all comes at a HEAVY price)
Damn, I just realized that you took his comment seriously and just had to say something about it. So man, your last comment is so ironic. If you're not, you really are starting to come across as really douchey on the net. I have no idea what you meant by your statement in parentheses...that you're *all that* but are trying real hard to be 'humble'? Say it ain't so, dude...oh man lol.
Appreciate 0