View Single Post
      01-16-2017, 11:00 PM   #11
distinctperson
Human
Rep
Drives: 2014 E89 35is

Update

Well, time for an update.

So, today, the car was finally put on a lift for inspection by the insurance adjuster and the body shop to look at the full extent of the damage. It is looking very close to total loss so far, with the final decision being made tomorrow.

Prelim report shows that the estimate is at around $25k so far, with the bulk of it stemming from one of the rails being bent, the full suspension requiring replacement, all 4 wheels needing to be re-machined, and then you have the front/rear bumper as well as both headlights, hood and one of the quarter panel needing paint. I am definitely neglecting to mention some of the less prominent interior parts right as well.

fmorelli, you spoke very correctly when you said this car will need more parts than is obvious.

And with respect to traction during rain, I have the PSS tires on and grip wasn't an issue at all in the rain, unless I am pushing it with traction control off. However, it seems like lower cars can't handle rain puddles at higher velocities without losing control. Lesson learned, at a steep price.

I hope that they decide not to declare it a total loss and just fix it. I will post an update tomorrow when I get the final verdict.
Appreciate 0