08-10-2017, 07:51 AM   #44
David70
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 Z4M Coupe - 13 Cadillac ATS

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLKSAPPE92 View Post
But honestly that is not why I do it it was joke I do it for insurance purposes it's cheaper to register my cars and insurance at my other address and it's legal since I live there enough along with vote there and file tax there

Mine is clearly a tax title and insurance thing just made paranoia joke outta my situation
You can do this to avoid taxes but it's not legal, your primary residence for tax purposes and likely for insurance is where you spend over half of the time. You already said the cabin isn't where you live.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torgus View Post
It's stupid. Period. If someone honestly wants your car they will take it. Like most things.
Do you lock your car and house? Same applies, if they really want it they will get it. With the house, I lock it because it is simple and decreases my odds but reality is the lock is a joke for someone that really wants to get in. My house has a dead bolt on it but at the same time is surrounded by glass windows. I have been locking my door for 40 years, likely not once did it matter as someone would have to actually try to open the door to see if it is locked. I still use it.

My goal is to do really basic things that take little time that make it difficult enough the thief moves on to someone else, if he really wants anything I have and is a professional, the locks or internet postings won't make any difference.

Also agree with the above, if everyone was allowed to post their full name, address and picture in their profile virtually no one would, nothing to be gained and at the very least it increases your odds some amount of something negative happening. No forum would even consider doing this.

Last edited by David70; 08-10-2017 at 08:05 AM..
Appreciate 0