View Single Post
      04-14-2011, 07:17 AM   #5
EricJ
2loco4u
Puerto Rico
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.5 sdrive

The tire wear is after almost 10k miles and is not progressive is right at the edge!!
I check the pressure every week on my cars but on the Z4 I do the rears every time I go out. I know it sounds insane but is the only way to find out if any new crack is developing.

If they lost 5psi overnight… Yes !!!! there is a new crack. I even carry an emergency pressure device in the trunk in case I get a low pressure signal on a trip.

BMW have seen the wheels already repaired and they want to see the wheels when they develop a new crack to be able to inspect it. This will probably happen on late April and if approved they will replace the rears with 313 and I will buy the fronts. I will keep the “296” in case there is a recall (like with the 6 Series wheels) and I get the replacement wheels.

This is why I need to know if the 313 are forged or if I should go with the 18” from the 1 Series or keep them 19” as in the 35is????

By the way has any body tried the Burger Tuning JV4 Stage 3?

I know one of you got fed-up with the wheels issue on the Z4 but changing the car for the awesome M3 that has a lot of performance and function but without the Wow!!!! factor.
I’ve seen many M3 owners looking at it!! Plus you have more money for the Champagne and after party…….. The only way I change or trade is if they make a true Z4 M.
Appreciate 0