View Single Post
      10-02-2009, 04:11 AM   #1
jeremyp
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: NA

Alpine PXE-H650

I know there have been a few threads about the base stereo. Unfortunately, I also didn't pay the £815 to upgrade.
But, the base stereo, as most recognise, it not loud enough.

Has anyone had experience of the Alpine PXE-H650? They say:

"Want your stock radio to sound like an Alpine? The PXE-H650 can do this for you – make factory radio sound like a high-quality Alpine unit. This audio processor lets you upgrade from your mediocre factory sound system. The PXE-H650 allows advanced sound tuning of factory equipment by correcting the acoustical problems in any vehicle. It’s equipped with AntEQ™, to remove the factory equalization, and Audyssey SoundEQ XT™, to optimize the sound quality of the system.

Once sound levels are balanced, and the system is tuned for optimum performance, Alpine amplifiers, speakers, and subwoofers can be added for a simple upgrade of your factory system, or go that extra mile and upgrade to a more complex system with complete multi-channel set-up! It's easy to upgrade from factory to Alpine!"

I don't want to lose my headunit, PDC tones, MFSW, bluetooth phone. I just want to increase the power to the speakers. I know that the front and rears are heavily equalised out of the head unit and it's not necessarily an easy task.

Could this be a solution?