01-23-2012, 07:56 PM   #9
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 Z4 sDrive 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard in NC View Post
I believe that is backwards. Pressing the Trac button enables DTC (wheel spin allowed but yaw control is still in effect). Its primary purpose is to assist when on snow and mud. With full DSC you go nowhere but with DTC, you can spin the tires a bit and move. As the chart shows, Sport+ goes into the same DTC mode. It gives you the ability to power out of a curve (hints of wheel spin) while still having the yaw control safety net. Although the BMW Performance Center warned me the leash is pretty loose and you can kick it hard enough in Sport+ to overwhelm the yaw control.

Pressing and holding the button is full DSC off. No traction control or yaw control. Per the OPs question, I'd guess it will re-enable itself if you get too crazy. Even the E60 M5 does that. The BMW performance center has to add a secondary disable button to do their hot lap which is constant sliding back and forth.
Thx for the thorough explanation. I'm curious about the bolded part: what's the criteria for this to occur?
Appreciate 0