View Single Post
      11-02-2011, 01:23 PM   #16
Malfunction
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 Porsche GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by wgoldman View Post
I wish I had some extended experience with the Z4 30i so that I could make a useful comparison to the 2009-11 models. But what I can say at this point is that the car is incredibly responsive throughout the entire range of my driving speeds; of course, the 8-speed transmission may deserve some credit for that. There always seems to be a lot of instant reserve power when needed for passing/merging/maneuvering, and I have not experienced any turbo lag. The driving is particularly fun in "Sport" mode, and the changes in shift points, tightness of the steering, handling around curves, and even exhaust note are all very noticeable . . . it feels and sounds like a different car compared to driving in "Comfort" mode. Unless I am on bumpier slow roads or on open freeway, I am driving in "Sport," and this leaves me feeling that the power of the 28i engine is well-matched for this size car in normal driving.
I'm still shopping around. Here in Montreal there are still 2011 models available and no 2012's until early next year. I have test driven the 30 and the 35, and noticed a very big difference, to the point that the 30 would just not fit my driving style and what I'm looking to get out of the car. I wonder where the 28 would fit in.

I'm glad your enjoying your ride!
Appreciate 0