jparnes1
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i, 2012 Z4 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozankarakoc View Post
Hi Everyone,

I have just got my new 2012 BMW Z4 28i and I'm in the process of discovering its great features.

I have a quick question. I decided to use my old iPhone (3G) in the car as a music source and it works great. I connected it via USB so that it is being charged while playing songs. However, it keeps on charging even when I stop the engine. Do you think I should plug it off when I leave the car? Would leaving it plugged to the USB port cause any problems?

Your iPhone battery won't last as long if it's constantly being charged. But don't you take your phone with you when you leave the car? I suppose there is also a small drain on the car battery, but there always is anyway with these cars.

Thanks a lot!
Ozan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado View Post
I have a 2012 28i on order right now. I am thinking of downloading my music from my iphone to the cars harddrive. I don't know how to do that yet, but that may be a good option for you as well. If you do that, let me know how you did it and how it works. Then you don't have the phone charging 24/7. Just a thought.
Colorado, you have to put your music on a thumb drive and plug it into the USB jack in the glove compartment. You can't import music through the USB int he center console. The hard drive has about 12GB of space. You'll have to navigate through the iDrive to start the import, but it's not hard. Look in your owner's manual. Now, my advice would be to import all the music you want at one time. If you do it piecemeal, you will create separate folders and the music won't be as accessible. Also you will find that if you then do a music search, the songs in the album will be listed in alphabetical order (not one of BMW's more shining moments, but then again, they're not a software company). A better way to access music is to go directly to the folder you created when you imported the music. You'll see what I mean.

2012 Z4 35i, ED 2/24/2012, Melbourne Red Metallic, Black Leather, Carbon Trim, 6MT, M Sport, CW, PP, PS, NAV, CA.
Appreciate 0