View Single Post
      07-14-2012, 10:36 AM   #10
jannisa
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Z4 Sdrive35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by jparnes1 View Post
Transmission is definitely oil lubricated and there is no mechanical device in a car that doesn't benefit from changing the lubrication. It's not a closed system...the oil is easily drained like anything else. We all know why BMW recommends a lifetime fill on various parts, but that's not in your best interests if you're keeping it for a long time.
J, check this out :
http://e89.zpost.com/forums/showthre...ight=dct+fluid

I changed the diff ''oil'' at around 17.000km and - you guessed it - it did not look ''lifetime'' at all.

@ tranquillity : Sorry for this ''attack'' but you have been complaining about problems, and rattles, and dealer service, and warranty issues, and keep posting threads after threads, you truly remind me of Rolf D and his 296 rapsody, BUT you drive the shit out of your car, I suppose it's your dd, you demand others to warranty your car yet you couldn't spend a few hundred bucks to add a couple of oil changes and drop the spark plugs at 60.000 km? Really?
I 'm not inside your pocket, mate, but this should be your warranty backup in the first place and since you are planning to keep your car the responsible thing to do. You might turn your 2 years warranty period free meal into a salty desert.

Sorry in advance if you find my opinion offensive, I didn't intend to be rude or anything, it's just my ,02.
Appreciate 0