KennyP
Lieutenant
Estonia
Rep
Drives: 2009 Havana E89 Z4 Sdrive35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmuroRay View Post
Evo 1 is too small of an intercooler...
Depends on the application... for a bolt on car or stock car with a tune it seems totally enough... EVO1 also seems better than similarly sized chinese ebay intercoolers. Its not just size with these... flow, fin design etc matters aswell.
Tbh if i did not care about the money at all, then EVO2 kit would have been a bit better... but it costs over a 1000 eur. and in longterm if i happened to upgrade turbos(for example when they finally fail) then i would have to take it off, sell it to someone at a huge discount and buy an even bigger one... evo3 or vrsf 7.5 inch etc...

So my plan was not to invest a lot into a bolton car intercooler that gets replaced with a bigger one at some point probably anyway. Thats why i was looking for a used one from someone who was at the point of upgrading turbos and switching intercoolers.

Of cource someone would think that "hei, then just buy the biggest intercooler right away." But that isnt good for a stage1 or stage2 car - it would introduce turbo lag and so on.. also big intercoolers weigh a lot.