Mr. ///M3 RD
Happy Camper
Canada
Rep
Drives: C63 AMG & 280 SL on Weekends :

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayda View Post
I went ahead and got the wheel and tire warranty with my 2009 35i. The car is CPO so I was able to get the coverage for $875 for five years. This was after a $200 discount from the dealer and redeeming a $200 coupon I had from the dealer that I printed from their Internet site. My car has the 296 wheels (19inch) so I thought this might bring some peace of mind. Was this a good decision to buy? Right now the tires are in super condition since the car only has 4,500 miles!
Jayda, you made the right choice.

Still keep an eye on the outer diameter on the inner side of the wheel. Going over many lil bumps will lead to hairline cracks on your wheel. At this point the dealer must replace the wheel, aseptically now that you have the insurance.

However, if you let the crack go too far and it opens up to the point that you end up with a flat. BMW might tell you sorry the wheel is bend you went thru potholes (make sure by going over the fine print on your wheel coverage that this cannot happen).

Good luck.

Life will take us to some interesting places, fortunately The ///M3 will too with a many of us know this very well, now my C6.3 AMG with 487 HP does it too
---> Click here for some good stuff I found
Appreciate 0