05-15-2012, 11:42 AM   #4
Al Blue4.6l
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 e89 Z4 sDrive35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpbruin108 View Post
Like the above said but you also got to remember that just because this one dyno gave these results, you can't compare them to a different car per sey. I'll explain my point by using the E92 M3 that I use to own. I got a wheel hp result of 360 stock and about 278lb torque but another E92 M3 (same dyno on same day) got about 325 whp and I forget his torque but it was much lower than mine. Both cars were the same engine and same year at about the same temperature. He was pretty bummed.

So much variation between the same model car, I would think the variation would be even more between 35i and 35is. It wouldn't surprise me to see some 35i pull better than some 35is stock even though that is unlikely. I'm just saying, the only dyno results I can compare are the same dynos for the same car after mods are put in. Between cars, there is just too much variation to base a decision on.
while day vs. day and dyno vs. dyno is certainly true - two identical cars on the same day should not have anywhere near that much difference. cars don't vary by 35rwhp from the factory.
Appreciate 0