View Single Post
      09-07-2023, 05:47 PM   #11
Sachak
Rep
Drives: 2009 E89 Z4 35i sDrive DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by B21 View Post
The more I looked into it the more obtuse and difficult it got..as discussed there are many variables each with it’s set of possible values..you can edit them in Protool (or I guess ISTA) and /or load complete s/w versions..

I have swapped the performance brake option in for example as that was a bmw option although never deployed on the

On s p o o l s t r e e t There’s been a very very long discussion on coding DSC variables and lots of reverse engineering..the point of realisation being that without knowing the whole system it’s very very difficult to interpolate results…

Of course a good analogue approach works..I used M3 steering linkages plus monoball upgrades with Meyle HD tie rod ends and camber plates with revised steering geometry to get the feel and tightness I wanted..

https://www.bimmerworld.com/BimmerWo...93-M3-E82.html
This is very interesting and definitely something I would like to try. I put coil overs in my 35i and took them out just before selling the car so I may just put them in the 35is. I like the overall feel of the 35is suspension compared to the 35i by a long shot but I am missing that very direct feel I had with the coil overs and the stability I got at higher speeds, the car just felt allot more planted. So I definitely would love to try adding the same setup you have with regards to tie rods etc.

But I still do want to figure out why my steering isn’t tightening up in sport and I don’t think the suspension is stiffening up either. Could be a fuse as the coding all looks correct and I am not getting any errors. The fact that I am getting a torque reading from the steering wheel in proTools means it is at least functional.
Appreciate 0