View Single Post
      03-19-2013, 06:12 PM   #13
amanda hor$t
Banned
Rep
Drives: a380

whether it's right or wrong, the mass public has accepted downloading and it won't stop. and i really don't think threatening poor people with bankruptcy is the answer.

besides, the actual recording artists don't make much from cd sales. it's about the merchandising, endorsements, and touring that comes after you get your name out there. and true fans will still pay the cash to have the cd + hardware. the same technology also allows musicians to distribute their own music without being beggars to the recording industry.

copying games (a related issue) has seen a downward trend with the rise of online gaming networks that require retail product keys. that and the fact that used games are cheap enough anyway.

i see your point, as i am an ideas guy and my ideas have been jacked several times, but i found a way. and i never took anyone to court.

one last related example: rothschild lafite goes for over $1500/bottle. they have a cheaper label that goes for $15 at cost plus: same grapes, same vineyard. sometimes i'll buy the cheap stuff, but i also have the real stuff.

Last edited by amanda hor$t; 03-19-2013 at 06:23 PM..
Appreciate 0